4 September 2013

SATC: The Most Legendary Looks 1| Sexo en NY: Los looks más legendarios 1


Hi guys,

I would like to talk to you today about one of my favourite and most inspirational series: Sex and the City (SATC). Lately I have been re-watching SATC for the 5th or 6th time in my life and I must confess everyday I discover a new and (even) more beautiful look that truly inspires me. Moreover, I believe SATC was really influential not only because its amazing and surprising wardrobe but also because all of the lessons that Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda learnt about 'men'. Yes my dears, relationships between men and women... you know how they work! So that's why I decided to write with 'the most important' looks of SATC: for you to get some of the best fashion inspiration for your everyday.

Hoy quiero hablaros de una de las series que más me gustan y me han inspirado, y seguro que a vosotras también: Sexo en Nueva York (SNY). En las últimas semanas he estado re-viendo SNY como por la 5ª o 6ª vez ya en mi vida y es alucinante que siga descubriendo nuevos y aún más maravillosos looks de sus protagonistas, que me encantan y me inspiran muchísimo. Además,  esta serie no sólo ha sido influyente por todo lo que hemos aprendido con ella sobre moda sino por todas las lecciones que Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda y Samantha se llevan sobre los hombres... ¡Sí, queridas mías! Las relaciones entre hombres y mujeres: ¡ardua tarea ésta! ;) Por todo ésto he decidido escribir este post: para vosotras, para que os inspiréis con los mejores looks de la historia reciente en vuestro "desfile diario".



Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I prefer the "old" Carrie, the Carrie from the very beginning of the series. I truly think her looks are more surprising, eclectic and powerful and this is how I exactly I would define my style. The outfit with that white tulle skirt that she wore for the opening credits has been one of the most desired and imitated looks of the late fashion history... I am sure you would love to have one like this!

Sinceramente, prefiero a la Carrie de los principios de la serie. Encuentro que sus looks son mucho más sorprendentes, eclécticos y potentes y la verdad es que es así como justamente me gusta definir mi estilo. El modelo con la falda de tul blanca que lleva en los créditos de apertura de la serie es uno de los looks más imitados de la historia reciente de la moda... ¡estoy segura de que a todas os gustaría tener una así!




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And what about "the naked" dress? This nude back-less mini dress that Carrie wore on her first date with Mr. Big? I think it is one of the sexiest look I woman could wear because it is surprisingly natural and nothing presumptuous. A pair of nude high-heels, a black clutch, natural make-up and that dress and baby... you got it!

¿Y qué me decís del famoso "vestido desnudo"? ¿Ese mini-vestido de color nude, de finos tirantes y con escote a la espalda que lleva Carrie en su primera cita con Mr. Big? Oh, no creo que haya un look más sexy que ese para una mujer ya que es sorprendemente natural y nada forzado. Un buen par de tacones bien altos de color nude, un bolsito de fiesta negro, maquillaje natural y este vestido y querida... ¡lo conseguiste!





             Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In order to survive to the cold New York's winters and stay warm and comfy during her walks around the city, Carrie has always been a huge fan of fur coats and I am sure you have seen this one a couple of times before. This fur coat is the one that Carrie wears also the day she met "the new yankee" just after the first break up with Mr. Big. It is extremely elegant and therefore the stylist of SATC used them in several chapters.

Para poder sobrevivir a los fríos inviernos de Nueva York y mantenerse calentita y cómoda en sus paseso durante la ciudad, Carrie siempre ha optado por los abrigos de pelo más glamurosos. Seguro que reconocéis el de las fotos al instante que los estilistas de la serie lo usaron en numerosos capítulos como ese en el que Carrie y cía. van a ver un partido de béisbol y allí conoce al "nuevo yankee", justo tras la primera ruptura con Mr. Big.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What a melancholic scene! Carrie, in this marvellous pale grey tutu ball dress waiting for "the Russian" to come and pick her up at the hotel in Paris... If there is dress that could define the concept of "princess dress", this is the one.

¡Vaya escena tan meláncolica! Carrie con este grandioso vestido tutú en gris perla esperando desesperanzada a "su ruso" en el hotel en París a que venga a recogerla... Si existe un vestido que recoja la definición de "vestido de princesa", es éste, sin duda.






... and this is just the first part of the looks of SATC! Stay tuned! :)

... y ésto ha sido tan solo la primera parte del repaso a los maravillosos looks the SNY! ¡Estad atentas!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Your email address/Tu dirección de email:

2 comments:

  1. Muy buen post!! Me considero súper fan de la serie y los looks que han compartido con nosotras son súper inspiradores y nunca pasarán de moda! love it!!

    http://fabitgirl.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the more classic "looks" my preference, but is interesting to try a new direction and fresh to chanel my fashion taste and what better than roll models such as Carrie. It is very good that you make this very informed post with pictures of inspiration. I appreciate it allot :) <3 Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post antiguo Home